Re: NTLK Free website to provide reading POP3 email?

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 01:46:39 EST

On 1/12/2000 4:45 PM, Laurent Daudelin
[mailto:laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com] wrote:

>Right behind our firewall, here, I can't access any POP3 email account I
>have. As someone pointed out some time ago, Hotmail doesn't work. Is
>there any other free service that would be accessible from a browser
>(NetHopper) and would let you download your POP3 email?
>
>Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Try USA.Net or AmExMail (American Express, but you don't have to be a
cardmember, apparently). AmEx Mail uses USA.NET.

Apple's new iTools stuff lets you have a POP mail account (you still have
to use your ISP for sending though; they don't provide an SMTP server).
And contrary to what they say, you DON'T have to have MacOS 9 to sign up.

http://www.applelinks.com/articles/2000/01/20000110161229.shtml

 - Bill Davis (who can now ALSO be reached at bill_davis @ mac . com )

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com