NTLK MP2K upgrade

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-WT (Frank.Gruendel@de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 05:25:00 EST

>The other question is whether I can do the upgrade myself. I have made
>similar modifications to Ham Radio equipment, and hay, even made my own
>Newton to PC cable, but I am not very good with the iron.

In that case I'd strongly recommend not to try. Apart from the fact that
you will need a soldering iron with an extremly tiny tip, you'll definitely
need to be more that averagely good at using it, otherwise it'll be more
than likely you'll damage your valuable MP for good.
If I would try the upgrade, I'd at least use a soldering iron with an extra
ground lead (which you won't get for $20). And I'd make sure I leave alcohol
alone for a day or two before I try. And I'd make sure I had sufficient
sleep the night before. And, still, I'd pray...

Frank

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com