NTLK Tip: Buy more Storage...i.e. 6MB cards available, etc.

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 15:04:50 EST

Most of you all probably know this, but I thought I would share a recent
experience. This is not an ad, or anything of the sort. I am just really
pleased with a recent purchase of mine.

For some time, I had wanted additional storage, but just never did buy
anything. After recently rejoining this list after 8 months of absence, I
read about the Bible availale for the Newton. This has always been a desire
of mine, to have my Bible and my Newton with me at all times. This lead me
to the search for a new storage card, which lead me to Paul Braham's
<pbraham@earthlink.net> deal on the 6mb flash cards.

Up until just a weekago, I had one 8mb card in my left slot, and a modem in
my right slot (2x00). Lately, I have been leaving the modem out to prevent
any drain when it is not in use. This was real convient when I finally
decided to get this second card. So I contacted Paul. And because it didn't
cost any more to have two shipped to me, I decided to buy 2. One of the 6mb
cards has effectively become my Bible and Books card (and other acces. that
I don't necessarily need all the time). The other 6mb is for backups,
utilities, etc. And because I am putting the backup on the separate spare
card, I deleted the backup off of my primary 8mb card, freeing up more space
for programs I have liked to keep on the Newton, but deleted because of a
lack of space. Deleting the back up freed up over 2mb of space, which I am
going to use as Cache space for NetHopper.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, but I am just really, really pleased with my Newton
right now. More than I have ever been over the last 3 years. It is
incredible the amount of information I have at my fingertips with my Newton!
If I could just get the dad gum Act program running, it would be complete!

So, the point is, buy yourself another card while Paul has got them, and
willing to sell them for what he is.

Drew

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com