Re: NTLK Importing spreadsheets?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 15:06:55 EST

"John I. Clark" wrote:

> I just found the package that gives you spreadsheets in Works. Tell me,
> is there any way to import a spreadsheet from a desktop Mac (either
> AppleWorks or Excel format...) onto the Newt and into a Works
> spreadsheet? Any help and/or instructions are GREATLY appreaciated!

If you're talking about the QuickFigure Works extension, then it is
possible to export to/from a desktop in Excel format (in fact, right from
Excel). First, you need to make sure that you have the latest QF Works
version, which is 1.1.1. You can get the update at:
<http://www.pelicanware.com/qfw111rm.html>
Note that you must have installed the previous version in order for the
update to work. Then, you can hop to:
<http://www.pelicanware.com/qfextras.html> and get the QF Exchange 3.1 for
Mac or Windows. All information that you need will be in this archive.
Basically, you install an extension on your Newton called "qfexch3:donv"
and a set of macros in Excel. Then, from your spreadsheet in Works, you
will have in the "Tools" menu an item that says "QF Exchange". In Excel on
your computer, there will be a new menu saying "Quick Figure".

This is how you can transfer spreadsheet from/to your Newt.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com