Re: Re(2): NTLK Help-eMate stylus not responding

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 05:32:19 EST

on 19-01-2000 1:15, Josh Burker at Josh_Burker@misd.wednet.edu wrote:

> The really weird thing is that I did get it to work earlier today- I used
> a can of compressed air and really dusted out the area between the case
> and the screen and voila, it worked again

Sounds like you do have dirt trapped between the housing and the screen,
instead of using compressed air (could ruin your screen if you use too close
to the screen) try running a thin business card all around the screen.
(between the screen and the housing of course)
If that doesn't work you can remove the plastic part of the housing around
the screen by removing the 4 rubber screw plugs that you can see around the
screen and unscrew the 4 torx screws that you'll find under these plugs
(also torx-8 like the ones from the battery cover)
This way it should be easier to clean out any dirt that might have been
caught between the screen and the housing.
Hope that this will do the job.

good luck and keep us posted,

Robert Benschop

about us at some time. Find out why at: