NTLK Software for an MP130

From: Christopher Browne (irie@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 02:15:18 EST

-----------------
>Basically I'm after a simple word
>processor, database for notes and files for the individuals I assist
>(simplicity and easy access a must)
------------------
For the latter, I would consider using one of the date/ name enhancements
for the Newton rather than a database. They may achieve what you want with
the least bother .

I use (and love) More Info from Silverware. Alternatives are Dateman from
Standalone and Action Names from Iambic. They enable you to link notes to
names so that Names itself becomes your database. Another linking option is
Adam Tow's HyperNewt which enables you to create virtual files on the
Newton by linking all manner of items together.

Another database alternative is Notion, a list maker that sounds like it
can function a bit like a database (although I have no experience of it).

For a powerful and easy to configure database at a reasonable cost, try
NewtDB by David Pompea.

Chris Browne
Auckland, New Zealand
irie@attglobal.net