NTLK new v. of Simplemail text stationery

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen@cowboy.net)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 09:27:41 EST

Someone wrote:
------
On my 130, I have a package in my extensions folder called "Text
Stationery". I simply froze it using SIA's FreezeUtilities. Don't delete
it, because Simple Mail will simply create another. Once it's frozen, it
will default to ICS's text stationery.

---

Hey, I noticed under the "thrill-seeker 4.0" links for Simplemail, there's a new version of the text stationery that fixes some heap bugs- the huge heap use when downloading emails has kept me from using Simplemail to receive email on my heap-limited MP120. I emailed about compatibility with Simplemail 3.3. Simon said he hadn't backwards-tested the new stationery in an email I received this AM, so something I'm looking forward to this evening is to try it on my MP and see if reveiving emails magically works on my MP120 now. I am hopeful...

If anyone else (Eric R? You still around?) that was using Simplemail on MP120 for send but not receives, you might want to try as well.

But be warned it hasn't been backwards-tested yet, so backup first, etc, just in case.

Brian

****************************************** This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:

The Clinton Administration, the George Bush 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major U.S. politician has said something nasty about us at some time. Find out why at: http://www.evote.com