NTLK Re: Dirt UNDER the screen?

From: THX 1138 (bct1@thestate.infi.net)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 09:42:01 EST

On Wed, 19 Jan , "Leland Jory" <ljory@newted.dyndns.org> quoth:

>I have a strange situation. I appear to have some foreign material UNDER the
>screen on my newt. I'll try to explain what I mean.

<snip>

>Anybody seen this before? Is it possibly a flaw in the LCD. The newt appears
>to be working fine otherwise. Strange...

I ctually had a bug (a real insect, not quirk) under the screen in my
notebook, it was behind the lcd, but in front of the backlight (it's an old
duo-scan). A bit disconcerting to see it crawling around back there, but
it eventually worked it's way out.

my advice, try and shake it out to one side. it may come back tho, so you
may even want to open the case and dust out the inside with compressed air.

(the solution to all problems this week it seems...)

later,

ben.

bct1@thestate.infi.net
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/7593/newton.html

"Was that the end?"
"You call that an ending with practically everyone still on their feet? My
goodness no, over your dead body."
        -Tom Stoppard "Rosencrantz and Guilderstein are Dead"

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com