RE: NTLK WHAT: I need an accoustic coupler

From: Laurent Chardon (Chardons@sprint.ca)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 04:59:11 EST

You don't say where you will be doing your backpacking, so I don't know if a
cell phone is an option. Cell phones are nice and light, and you can send
from your tent! :)
If it were me though, I wouldn't bother to carry an acoustic coupler. I
would just carry a telephone extension cord of decent length. If you're
travelling it shouldn't be hard to find a coffee shop / pub / wildlife
supply store willing to let you use their phone line. There's always a jack
in the wall... It will help if you are using a calling card. If you find an
unwilling shop owner, give him/her a demonstration of your Newt, including
how you can send and receive email. That never fails.

Good luck.

Laurent

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com