Re: NTLK Tone Pad

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 07:30:25 EST

on 24-01-2000 3:56, Steve Vander Ark at vderark@bccs.org wrote:

> <<"Hello, is this thing on?">>

Yes it is, think your thing was off ;-)

> I haven't gotten any NewtonTalk messages for several days, so either you've
> all suddenly switched to Palm Pilots or WinCE machines (obviously the
> victims of some world-wide mass hysteria) or the server is on the fritz, or
> maybe I just got bumped.

Not anytime soon that I can see......

> At any rate, I re-upped and now I have a question...Where can I find
> TonePad?

You'll find it at http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/%7Elkawamot/Newton/
BTW, how many people on this list have a Mac (I think about half) and
honestly I don't have a clue if there's anything like Sherlock on a PC.
My Sherlock search for "tone pad for the newton" gave me about 140 returns
of which the first one was the right one and this works about 9 out of 10
times, just for your information ;-)

> I think we need an updated version of that wonderful site Newton Reference...
> I could always find anything I needed there.

I'll have to agree there, cool looking site that was very well organized,
does anybody know who was maintaining that site and it would be a good idea
to update it.
Might even be a good idea to move the update to info-newt.
(if Bill is interested)
Don't know what kind of database there is behind that site, but always loved
the structure of it, very easy to find stuff.

Robert Benschop

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com