Re: NTLK Tone Pad

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 09:10:36 EST

Robert Benschop schrieb:
> I don't have a clue if there's anything like Sherlock on a PC.
> My Sherlock search for "tone pad for the newton" gave me about 140 returns
> of which the first one was the right one and this works about 9 out of 10
> times, just for your information ;-)
I've asked my colleagues, all PEECEE-freaks, whether they have heard
anything about Sherlock for e.g. WinNT, but nope. One showed me a site
called Shurelook or so, which is a page with many search engines but
nothing which compares a little bit with Sherlock. I've used at first
Hemlock and was stunned, later I got MacOS8.6 w/ Sherlock and have now
an old PPC6100/60 sharing my Monitor with the WinNT just for using
Sherlock in the internet. At home I couldn't use my brand-new Yamaha
CDRW because Adaptec Toast needed to be updated. Sherlock found me the
right link to the updater hqx file within 20 sec and on top position.
Download within 10mins and Voila! the burner worked.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand

http://www.psi.ch/SLS http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand ****************************************** This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by: