Re: NTLK Resetting Newton

From: Stephen Beesley (sjbeesley@yahoo.com.au)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 20:12:36 EST

Thanks for the response- the possibility of a software
fix for this problem is great news.

So far all I have done is open the back of my MP130
and play around with the power switch a bit. I had
previously sprayed some contact cleaner into the power
switch without opening the casing.

I also tried using Standalone Softwares "sleep screen"
as a work around (so that I did not actualy put the
Newt to sleep when using the power switch) but that
seems to be for the MP2K and did not work to well on a
130.

I would certainly appreciate any further assistance or
any clues you might be able to give regarding a
software fix.

Stephen Beesley

--- Robert Benschop <robertbenschop@bigfoot.com>
wrote:
> on 25-01-2000 9:46, Stephen Beesley at
> sjbeesley@yahoo.com.au wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My MP130 has developed an odd fault in that it
> does a
> > soft reset every time I turn it on. I have posted
> on
> > this problem before and would like thank everyone
> for
> > the helpful advice I received then – however the
> > problem remains.
>
> Can you tell us what you did to try and repair this.
> I know there's a software fix somewhere on the net
> for this problem but I'm
> not going to search before I know that you didn't
> already try that one.
>
> greetings,
>

> Robert Benschop

> This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:
>
> EVOTE.COM, the ultimate Political Junkie site on the
> 'Net.
>
> The Clinton Administration, the George Bush
> 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major
> U.S. politician has said something nasty
> about us at some time. Find out why at:
> http://www.evote.com

http://greetings.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Australia & NZ Greetings
- Better choose an online card now... Valentine's Day is coming sooner than you think!