NTLK Resetting Newton

From: Stephen Beesley (sjbeesley@yahoo.com.au)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 03:46:03 EST

Hi,

My MP130 has developed an odd fault in that it does a
soft reset every time I turn it on. I have posted on
this problem before and would like thank everyone for
the helpful advice I received then – however the
problem remains. I know that Dr Newton advertises
that he can fix this fault and if it were not for the
fact that I live in Australia I would just make use of
his (by all accounts excellent) service.

I have another MP130 with a smashed screen and am
contemplating major transplant surgery in an effort to
solve my problem (BTW thanks to those who responded to
another earlier post with advice on how to swap the
screens). However, before going ahead with such a
daunting task I was hoping to get some input on a
couple of points.

Firstly, I am wondering whether my problem might be
some sort of MP130 variant of the MP100 power problem.
  That problem could sometimes be overcome by plugging
in the serial cable and I have noticed that after
doing a brain wipe and restore on my machine it will
sleep and wake up normally while it is still plugged
into to my PC via serial cable. However, as soon as I
unplug – back to the same old problem. I am hoping
that the cure for the MP100 problem (namely contact
spray on the internal power switch) might have some
affect on my machine.

Secondly, I am wondering whether it could be a
condensation problem – the machine was in storage for
over a year. If so, could taking the back off and
drying it out help?

Any ideas gratefully accepted – I want my Newt back!

Stephen Beesley

http://greetings.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Australia & NZ Greetings
- Better choose an online card now... Valentine's Day is coming sooner than you think!

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com