Re: NTLK Resetting Newton

From: Stephen Beesley (sjbeesley@yahoo.com.au)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 20:05:08 EST

Robert,

It is looking more and more like the card has been my
problem all along (pity it took me three months to
work it out!)

Thanks for the link though I will definitely be
downloading it and keeping it on standby.

Once again I am gratified by the helpfulness of the
Newton Community and, in particular, my fellow Newton
Talkers.

Stephen Beesley

--- Robert Benschop <robertbenschop@bigfoot.com>
wrote:
> on 27-01-2000 9:13, Stephen Beesley at
> sjbeesley@yahoo.com.au wrote:
>
> > However, It still seems to not want to
> > wake from sleep properly 100% of the time - so I
> am
> > still not sure if I have really found the cause of
> my
> > problems.
>
> Hello Stephen,
>
> hope that the card was indeed the culprit, but in
> the meantime I cleaned up
> my (immense amount of ) Newton links and found the
> one that might be your
> saviour:
> http://www.config.de/Products/
> From their site:
> FixTrax 1.0 for NOS 2.0 (MP120/130) is a Fix for the
> problem, that the
> Newton switches off immediately after switching it
> on. FixTrax is freeware!
> So if this describes your problem, give it a try.
>
> regards,

> This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:
>
> EVOTE.COM, the ultimate Political Junkie site on the
> 'Net.
>
> The Clinton Administration, the George Bush
> 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major
> U.S. politician has said something nasty
> about us at some time. Find out why at:
> http://www.evote.com

http://greetings.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Australia & NZ Greetings
- Better choose an online card now... Valentine's Day is coming sooner than you think!