Re: NTLK Japanese Newton MP130

From: Victor Rehorst (victor@gear.torque.net)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 19:27:36 EST

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, [iso-8859-1] Ricardo Araújo wrote:

> I wonder if I can copy the English NOS into the Newton, erasing the UniFEP,
> then. And, more important, how would I get a copy of the English NOS.

You don't need to get a copy of English NOS... it's already there. UniFEP
(AFAIK) is just a bunch of patches to English NOS to make it do Japanese.
There was never an officially japanese-localised NOS from Apple, only
UniFEP from Enfour.

And does anyone else here know more about this than me? I'm really only
speculating here...

-----Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | victor@torque.net------
---Newton Resources: Ethernet, Newton Cage, NewtonTalk archive, and more!---
--------------- http://eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca/~victor/newton/ ---------------

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com