Re: NTLK Printing over AppleTalk

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 09:43:25 EST

Holger Wiese schrieb:
> But now i intend to print to my LaserWriter compatible printer which
> is connected to my iMac via USB. It is a Lexmark Optra E310.
>
> Unfortunately when searching the AppleTalk homezone from my Newton
> it will not find a printer. Is there a way to make this work?
You should make sure that the Lexmark is visible in the chooser
(Auswahl), but under the LaserWriter8 icon, not via a direct or USB
driver, that's the important thing. If it is not visible, than it is
very likely that the USB port has no logical connection with AppleTalk
or the Lexmark is not a AppleTalk printer. In this case you might still
be lucky if you can use PrinterShare to connect your local printer with
the ethernet. But even if this works, the Lexmark must be a PostScript
printer, because the Newton has only a PostScript printer driver and
some Epson ESC-B drivers built-in.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand