NTLK Re: Books on Screen

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox@peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 23:50:10 CDT

* peter brigg <pbrigg@uoguelph.ca> on Thu, 27 Apr 2000
| I have not been a user of Newtonbooks on my 2100 but i should like to
| begin. Is there a software/shareware/freeware that makes the book fill
| the screen, as mine seems to be occupying only the centre? Or is that a
| factor of the particular book I am trying?

A "feature" of Newton Books is that they are formatted for a particular
screen size, never mind that Apple's Newton programming guidelines say that
you are not supposed to do that. Anyway, no, there is no way to resize a
Newton Book without recreating it.

HTMList is somewhat useful for doing this. It can convert a Newton Book to
a NewtWorks document, though some formatting is lost. It can also convert
a Newton Book to HTML, though some formatting and all graphics are lost.
In the case of HTML, you can then use Newt's Cape to generate a new Newton
Book. HTML to Newton Book conversion was my main reason for registering
Newt's Cape.

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ returned to its special container and

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!