Re: NTLK Dead Newtons

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 09:17:45 CDT

CompTraCon@aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a 120 and a 110, both of which I stopped using about 2 years ago.
> When I went to revive them, and replaced the AA batteries nothing happened
> (also tried the restart button. I assume that the other battery (CR 2032 3V)
> in now a goner too. I have purchased two replacement CR batteries and am
> ready to put them in. I assume that all that was on the Newtons are gone. I
> have backups on my Mac.
>
> 2 questions:
>
> 1) Are my assumptions correct so far
> 2) What do I need to do to reinstall the OS or is it on ROM

I'm a bit surprised that nobody seems to have answer those questions, but here it
goes.

First, you should really try to read the FAQ
<http://www.info-newt.com/FAQ/index.html>.

Second, you're probably right in your assumptions. Check the FAQ for ways to
"wake-up" a dormant Newton. The OS being in ROM, there's no need to re-install
it.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!