NTLK Re: newtontalk V1 #48 and accidental attachments

From: Chris Browne (irie@attglobal.net)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 03:32:19 CDT

on 30/4/2000 4:01 PM, NewtonTalk at newtontalk@planetnewton.com wrote:

> Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 18:03 +0100
> From: Adrian Carter <adi@cix.co.uk>
> To: Newton Talk <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
> Subject: RE: NTLK Life without a desktop
>
> Transmitted from a Newton using EnRoute
>

> --****--50664603--****
>
> Hi,
>
> That's an experiment I've already tried, the last few weeks have seen me
> with everything I own in storage. I'm In the process of moving house.
> I've relied on my 2100 with keyboard and Psion Gold 56K modem for
> everything so far, Works has been handling my University assignments and
> for final tldying up I have been porting stuff to my PC at work and using
> MS Word. (snip)
>
> --****--50664603--****

Please check the box in the Enroute send slip to send email messages as text
before mailing to the list (or, I suggest, anywhere else).

If you do not, your email creates an attachment which consists of text
garbage. While this has the minor effect of adding garbage to the list, the
real problem is that it breaks the digest at this point for those of use who
use Outlook Express for Mac and the rest is lost to us. Please do not do
this again.

--
Chris Browne
Auckland, New Zealand

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!