Re: NTLK Help: Converting MODS to Packages

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 06:53:22 CDT

>Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 11:31:31 +0100
>From: Dan <dan_uk@btinternet.com>
>
>Hi I have modplayer and would like to play mod files on my Newton 2k. But
>the instructions are a bit confusing for use on the Mac, and I have no idea
>how to go about it. Has anyone had any experience with this so they an talk
>me through it? Also there seems to be diffeent types of Mod files (xm, s3m
>etc), do these matter or will they all play?? Help!

I think they need to be actual mod files (usually .mod file extension) -- I
don't think the other formats/compressions are supported. the instructions
for creating MOD packages on your desktop (using NTK) are described in
  http://roger.trideja.com/newton/modplayer.html

you can also transfer mod files to your Newton using Newt's Cape,
and save them as modplayer packages using the ModSaver (and NewtPack) plugins:
  http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/newtscape/modsaver.htm

Steve
weyer@kagi.com
NewtDevEnv, Newt's Cape, Sloup, Crypto,...
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/index.htm
http://www.kagi.com/weyer

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!