Re: NTLK Oil Slick Screen?

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 07:41:26 CDT

on 29-04-2000 9:50, markr13 at markr13@voicenet.com wrote:

> Someone described this problem and "Newton Rings". We designed an
> anti-stat coating to solve this which prevents the back of the NuShield
> film from touching the screen. This problem with a screen protector film
> never happens on a Newton, though and I'm not sure why.

Newton Rings can form when two smooth transparent materials are in touch
with each other, i.e. when you put a negative or a slide between glass it
will form Newton rings where the smooth shiny part of the film touches the
glass.
This in countered by using AN (Anti Newton) glass, which is glass with a
surface that is not totally smooth, so with a very fine grain.
My guess is that the screen of the Pilot is more like a normal glass surface
than the Newton screen, don't have a clue though, never felt the urge to
even hold one yet so far ;-)

Robert Benschop

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!