NTLK newtontalk V1 #48 and accidental attachments

From: Ryan Hitch (r.hitch@physics.hull.ac.uk)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 05:46:44 CDT

on 30/4/2000 4:01 PM, NewtonTalk at newtontalk@planetnewton.com wrote:

> Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 18:03 +0100
> From: Adrian Carter <adi@cix.co.uk>
> To: Newton Talk <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
> Subject: RE: NTLK Life without a desktop
>
> Transmitted from a Newton using EnRoute
>

> --****--50664603--****
>
> Hi,
>>
>> That's an experiment I've already tried, the last few weeks have seen me
>> with everything I own in storage. I'm In the process of moving house.
>> I've relied on my 2100 with keyboard and Psion Gold 56K modem for
>> everything so far, Works has been handling my University assignments and
>> for final tldying up I have been porting stuff to my PC at work and using
>> MS Word. (snip)
>>
>> --****--50664603--****
>>

>Please check the box in the Enroute send slip to send email messages as text
>before mailing to the list (or, I suggest, anywhere else).
>
>If you do not, your email creates an attachment which consists of text
>garbage. While this has the minor effect of adding garbage to the list, the
>real problem is that it breaks the digest at this point for those of use who
>use Outlook Express for Mac and the rest is lost to us. Please do not do
>this again.
>--
>Chris Browne
>Auckland, New Zealand
>irie@attglobal.net

Dear all,
I was just starting to feelguilty for this (I posted the orginal
article was assuming this was meant for me), then I realised that it was
sent via EnRoute, so just like to settle the waters and say it's not my
message that did this (I use Eudora, not EnRoute) - did any of my
postings from Eurdora have a similar effect, if so please accept my
apologies - why oh, why can't everyone just use plain-text for email
(hint, hint to Outlook Express uses :-).

Yours Sincerely,
Ryan

--
"You had the perfect job called life, you didn't like it - you resigned"
								Silverchair

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!