Re: NTLK New User With Memeory Question!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 14:43:50 CDT

short answer...
NO
There...
Long answer? Check the archives, but suffice it to say
that the memory stick is a one-off memory device that
few devices use.
Secondly, the Newt will not use it.
Sorry.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Michael Nerad <neradms@mail.milwaukee.k12.wi.us>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a new user to this users group. Please excuse
> me if I make any
> mistakes in seeking an answer to my question.
> I recently purchased a Newton 2100, and am just
> beginning to use it.
> So far, it is a fantastic experience. I have a
> particular question
> related to PC Card memory. Sony has a new memory
> system called The
> Memory Stick. It comes in 8,16,32,64 mb sizes. I
> know the Memory
> Stick will not fit by itself in the Newton 2100, but
> they now have a
> PC Card Adapter for the Memory Stick of any size. I
> checked, and it
> will work in any PowerBook with a PC Card slot. What
> I would like to
> find out from the experts I am addressing, will this
> Sony PC Card
> Adapter with the Memory Stick work with the Newton
> 2100? I hope that
> I can have a quick response to this question, as I
> need to get
> additional memory ASAP. Thank you for your
> assistance in advance for
> your expertise!
>
> Michael Nerad

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://im.yahoo.com/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!