NTLK Pocket PC

From: Khaled Tewfik (khaledt@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 00:08:06 CDT

Hi to all:
The pocket PC is out, does any of you have any experience with it.

I have been following the initial reviews and reports about the improvements made to the OS, many of which I considered lame, like at long last WinCe has done away with the double tap interface. Other noteables, a wider support for beaming and a simpler interface, all sounds like Newton to me. Yet no builtin printing, application beaming, builtin faxing, or quiting of open applications. On the positive, the pocet explorer browser abilities are truly outstanding, at least from what I read.

But the one thing that really grabed my attention was a comment made in a Byte.com review praising the humane considerations evident in the new interface. The example given on that count, (are you sitting down) read on:

The article sited the use of pull up menus that resides at the bottom of the screen. WinCe users won't have to reach to the top of the screen to reach for pull down menus. The article argues that having the memos toward the bottom of the screen is more logical and easier to reach for.

Ha, if I did not know better I would have said that the author is implying that M$ (should we continue to use $) had innovated.

Question, did any of you saw or used pull up menus before ;)

(Sorry do not ask me for the URL, but I'm sure you can find it at Byte.com)

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!