RE: NTLK D-Link Ethernet PC Card

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 00:38:19 CDT

So, I went to EggHead and purchased one of these
cards. ($45 w/shipping!)
Below there is the statement that it works fine with
the ATLAN drivers on the Newton...

What ARE the ATLAN drivers? Are they installed when
you install the NIE2.0? Are they readily available?
Any help?
Thanks
..Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Laurent Chardon <Laurent@sytek.on.ca> wrote:
> > MicroConnection lists a D-Link DE-660CT ethernet
> PC Card for $45.99, which
> > sounds like a great deal if this model is
> functionally the same as the 660
> > that was suggested:
>
> Yes, it works. I have the D-Link DE660CT card and it
> works fine with the
> ATLAN drivers on the Newton. It's not the most
> convenient card to use as it
> has a sort of dongle (Another one! Can I not get
> away from those?) that's
> always dangling at the side (it's like a mini-hub).
> That's a minor nuisance.
> The card itself works perfectly well and is
> recognised right away from the
> Newt. I didn't notice an exceptional battery drain
> from it.

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://im.yahoo.com/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!