NTLK Modems for 2100 ???

From: Andrew Sorensen (ajstudio@alaska.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 19:46:24 CDT

I have found several lists of modems available for the MPs but no
real info on recommended models and what to stay away from. Anyone
want to give some advice in this area? I'll be using it in a 2100.
I have an original Apple Newton Fax Modem XJack Card that came with
my 120 but don't think its up to any major internet duty - only 2400
bps data and 9600 bps Fax. Haven't even tried using it in my 1.3 MP
120 as I understand it will barely do email.

Thanks all. I'd like to get up to speed on my 'new' 2100 ASAP as
I've got a trip coming up to PA where I hope to use this for checking
my email and doing some minor web surfing. And I REALLY want to show
it off to my brothers who I know will be all over me for buying into
a 'dead' platform. I never did mind being a bit different but want
to be the best Newt evangelist I can be.

Thanks.

Andy
ajstudio@alaska.com

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the