Re: NTLK HELP: Storage Error #-10606

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 08:03:26 CDT

kdelwell@mindspring.com wrote:

> Basically, I did something stupid. I tried to X-port a whole buncha
> messages from one folder all at once. Essentially, what happened is
> that I flooded my external storage card outbox and it ran out of
> storage space (eight meg card). I was essentially screwed because the
> card was so full that it wouldn't even let me delete any of the
> offending messages, move messages, or anything.
>
> I went to the backup set I had and restored the inbox from the
> external _and_ the internal in/out boxes, thinking that this would fix
> the problem. With that move, I essentially AM able to use the Newton
> again w/the exception of the inbox or outbox. I get an error:
> "Storage related error occurred. evt.ex.fr.store #-10606."
> Everything else works just fine. I then deleted a backup set from the
> external card thinking that creating more room would help. Nope -
> still unable to open the in/out box w/o errors.
>
> After removing the storage card, you can access the inbox w/o any
> problems when accessing only the internal memory, so my conclusion is
> that I have at least one hosed message in that in/out box on the card
> that I can't get to. I put the damaged data card back in _after_
> opening the inbox from internal and I get a peek at the damaged file,
> but can't do anything about it (tried deleting, moving etc.).
>
> I have also tried resetting the Newton multiple times - always comes
> up with the same error.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions as to how to correct this one?

The only thing I can think of is using some kind of utilities, like SBM
Utilities, and try to remove the In/Out Items soup from the card. That
mean you would loose all messages in the soup, though, but you could maybe
recover the remainder. If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid that the only
thing to do would be to format the card :-/

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!