NTLK HELP: Storage Error #-10606

From: kdelwell@mindspring.com
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 19:40:20 CDT

Basically, I did something stupid. I tried to X-port a whole buncha
messages from one folder all at once. Essentially, what happened is
that I flooded my external storage card outbox and it ran out of
storage space (eight meg card). I was essentially screwed because the
card was so full that it wouldn't even let me delete any of the
offending messages, move messages, or anything.

I went to the backup set I had and restored the inbox from the
external _and_ the internal in/out boxes, thinking that this would fix
the problem. With that move, I essentially AM able to use the Newton
again w/the exception of the inbox or outbox. I get an error:
"Storage related error occurred. evt.ex.fr.store #-10606."
Everything else works just fine. I then deleted a backup set from the
external card thinking that creating more room would help. Nope -
still unable to open the in/out box w/o errors.

After removing the storage card, you can access the inbox w/o any
problems when accessing only the internal memory, so my conclusion is
that I have at least one hosed message in that in/out box on the card
that I can't get to. I put the damaged data card back in _after_
opening the inbox from internal and I get a peek at the damaged file,
but can't do anything about it (tried deleting, moving etc.).

I have also tried resetting the Newton multiple times - always comes
up with the same error.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to correct this one?

Thanks in

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!