NTLK Re: Disappearing Memory & Newt'sCape

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox@peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 08:56:21 CDT

* "Stephen Beesley" <sbeesley@smartchat.net.au> on Tue, 09 May 2000
| Am I imagining things? Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas appreciated.

You are not imagining things. NIE is very heap-intensive, and Newt's Cape
is even moreso. This leads to quite a bit of heap fragmentation, which can
be cleared up with a rebot.

Then there all of the scrap Newton Book preferences lying around. Every
book installed (which for Newt's Cape means every unique HTML document
processed) eats up a little bit of soup space. I use SMB Utilities'
Cleaner module to clean these up.

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ Happy Fun Ball contains a liquid core,
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ which, if exposed due to rupture, should

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!