Re: NTLK Don't pay the $49.00!!!! Was: getting help from Apple

From: Uncle Noah (unclenoah@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 18:54:25 CDT

well, i called up apple today to cancel the RMA on my
MP120. this was just too much money to spend when i
could get a 130 for almost half the cost.

anyway, i wound up speaking to a gentleman there and i
told him that i wanted to cancel the support contract
agreement charge ($49.00) and the dispatch charge
($187.69). the guy was very nice, but he didn't seem
to really understand what was going on.

he quickly brought up my account and said "okay, i'll
just change that call from 'billable' to
'non-billable' and that will get rid of the $49
charge." just like that. no argument, no hassle.

so, if they try to sock you with the $49 charge, i'd
advise that you just say "ok!" and then call back the
next day and have it cancelled. it might take you a
few extra minutes on the phone the next day, but it
will probably also save you some hassle during your
original RMA call.

PS: i was able to get everything cancelled, so now i
have a dead MP120 on my hands. if anyone's interested
in picking it up, let me know. i'm also in the market
for a 130 if anyone's selling one...

http://im.yahoo.com/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!