NTLK Problem with my 130 backlight.

From: Dan Barber (xy3951@epix.net)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 01:20:45 CDT

Hi all,
Well my 130 has developed a problem. To be more percice the backlight no
longer funtions. It was working fine a few days ago and I tried to turn it
on today and it flashed for half a second then has not turned on since. I
did a brain wipe, then tested it, and it still did not turn on. So it seems
to be hardware related.

I have heard that 2000's somtimes a cable inside discontected and you have
to open the MP up and reattch it. Does this happen with 130's as well? And
if so, how much of a job is it to reconnect this cable? Is there anything
else I could try? Opening my 130 I will only do as a last resort. And
probably I will not do it unless something else goes wrong with my newt.

Any help is appreicated.

Dan Barber