Re: NTLK Someone a while back .

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 14:19:57 CDT

In a pinch, one day when my tip just *fell* out of the
pen, I broke a point off of a plastic fork, shaped it
somewhat with a pen knife and continued to use it for
several weeks until my replacement pen arrived
from...well, I can't remember any longer.
I have since replaced it with a piece of Delrin and
honestly, I like that pen better...it just won't click
into the holder any longer...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Mike King <mikkel@market-research.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> You may do a roaring trade here, I am sure most
> Newton owners would buy a
> pack of 5 spares if the price were reasonable.
>
> Anyone care to nominate how much they would be
> prepared to pay ??
>
> Mike
>
> At 10:43 PM 23/05/2000 -0700, you wrote:
> >It was me. I finally took the tip from my stylus
> (the Nail) out of it
> >and put it in my jewlers lathe. I found that with
> newspaper one can
> >almost burnish the surface of the stylus because of
> the friction/heat
> >generated. I am making a project out of this and
> will post if I go into
> >the stylus tip replacement business. The Jewler's
> Lathe makes it easy
> >and I think I may be able to make replacements for
> the newton stylus tip.
> >
> >-Peter
> >
> >On 5/23/00 8:24 PM Don Couch,don@dcphotos.com
> said... :
> >
> >>Someone a while back(before the fire) was asking
> about how to smooth the
> >>tip of the stylus. Mine felt like it was "gritty".
> So, I rubbed it on my
> >>formica table top and it is as smooth as glass
> now!!! In fact,
> >>it has never been this nice! I should point out
> (no pun intended) that the
> >>table was a sort of an eggshell textured surface
> and it was well worn.
> >>.. worKed for me.
> >>
> >>check out www.dcphotos.com
> >>
> >>***************************************
> >>NewtonTalk brought to you by:
> >>
> >>EVOTE.COM -- the ESPN of politics on the Internet!
> All the players, all
> >>the news, and the hottest analysis and features
> (plus 'toons!)
> >>anywhere.... visit http://www.evote.com today!

> >>Visit the NewtonTalk section at
> http://www.planetnewton.com
> >***************************************
> >NewtonTalk brought to you by:
> >
> >EVOTE.COM -- the ESPN of politics on the Internet!
> All the players, all the
> >news, and the hottest analysis and features (plus
> 'toons!) anywhere....
> >visit http://www.evote.com today!

> >Visit the NewtonTalk section at
> http://www.planetnewton.com
>
> ***************************************
> NewtonTalk brought to you by:
>
> EVOTE.COM -- the ESPN of politics on the Internet!
> All the players, all the news, and the hottest
> analysis and features (plus 'toons!) anywhere....
> visit http://www.evote.com today!

> Visit the NewtonTalk section at
http://www.planetnewton.com

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://invites.yahoo.com/