Re: NTLK Persistent Alarms

From: Randy Ransom (randysom@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 23:37:12 CDT

"mi(c)i" <mici@mac.com> wrote:
> Well, persistant alarm option means that the Newton will bleep once and
if
> the alarm window is not dismissed it will bleep in one minute again, four
> times. That's it.

Okay, thanks. I guess I just expected the persistant alarms to be a bit
more persistant. I mean, if I didn't hear a single beep when the alarm
first went off, why would I hear a single beep a minute later? On the other
hand, an incessant beeping probably wouldn't go unnoticed. I find it a bit
odd that the daily alarm does this but the dates alarm doesn't. Maybe the
designers thought of the daily alarm like an alarm clock but the dates
alarm more like a school bell...

Thanks again for your help.

-- Randy