Re: NTLK Connect MCU IMAC Ethernet ?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 09:36:27 CDT

ThisOlNewt@aol.com wrote:

> OK
>
> I have an iMac
> I have NCU
> I have new 3com card and drivers as listed on Victors site.
> I followed his instructions.
>
> Do I need any special cables to connect to NCU? Someone mentioned something
> a short while back.

Hi Rich!

Assuming the 3com card you're referring to is an ethernet card, then you would need at a minimum an ethernet 10BaseT crossover cable to connect your MP from the card directly in the
10BaseT port on your iMac. The best solution, IMHO, is to get a cheap ethernet hub ($20-$30) then have a regular ethernet 10BaseT cable to connect your iMac to the hub, and another
cable to connect your MP to your hub.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com