Re: NTLK Connect MCU IMAC Ethernet ?

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 09:39:10 CDT

on 25-05-2000 4:00, Victor Rehorst at chuma@chuma.org wrote:

> I know I posted a really good answer to this question recently, but I can't
> find it for the life of me.

"-is your ethernet cable a "crossover cable?" This is like a null modem
serial cable, but for Ethernet. Unplug both ends of the cable and look at
the underside, where the metal connectors are. If all of the wires are in
the same order (look at the colours) on both connectors, then you have a
regular (straight through) ethernet cable. If the order changes or there is
a clear crossing over of wires in one of the connectors, then you probably
have a Crossover cable, which is what you want for the setup you're
describing.

-go into the Prefs slip on your Newton and tap on Appletalk. Select "Connect
using Ethertalk" and then choose your card.

Hope that cable stuff wasn't too confusing for you... BTW if you need a
Crossover Cable you can get them at any decent computer store.

Victor Rehorst - Toronto, Ontario, Canada"

Was the one you meant Victor ?

Robert Benschop