Re: NTLK Package Tool/Info (was: Help Wanted, badly)

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 05:27:37 CDT

>Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:27:13 -0400
>From: peter brigg <pbrigg@uoguelph.ca>
>
>I have lost the Package Tool from Newtools (a tale of woe) and now i can't
>manage packages on my 2100. I tried pkginfo 1.0d2.si from Steve Weyer to
>at least let me see packages not
>appearing in Extras and it seems to have fouled up the Action menu in
>Extras (gives a problem -48221 message). Could someone please diect me to
>a package management tool i can
>download?

it's possible that some bugs in PkgInfo were fixed since 1.0d2 (current
version available from my web page is 1.0g2) -- though if you have other
packages installed that patch the action menu (incorrectly), that might
cause a conflict like -48221.

if you have Newt's Cape, you can try the pkginfo.htm example (it saves
package info to Notes; also lets you rename a package)
  http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/newtscape/exs/pkginfo.htm

Steve
weyer@kagi.com
NewtDevEnv, Newt's Cape, Sloup, Crypto,...
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/index.htm
http://www.kagi.com/weyer