Re: NTLK OT: too long lines in mails

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 10:08:33 CDT

Wolf Lichtenberger wrote:
[...]

> Could we possibly agree to use 72 or 80 characters max. in posting here?
> (instead of sometimes over 180 like above)
> This would IMHO improve the usability here a lot.

OK, following my previous reply, I see now in the Communicator "Message Wrapping" section preferences that the setting "Wrap outgoing, plain text messages at" is checked and set to 72.
I'm usually using the HTML editor to compose message, however, the "When sending HTML mail messages to recipients that are not listed as being able to receive them:", and I have "Convert
the message into plain text (may loose some formatting)" set. I also have an entry for NewtonTalk in my address book, and the setting "Prefers to receive rich text (HTML) message" is
*NOT* set.

So, I always thought that when sending to the list, I was sending text messages, and since they were text messages, I always assumed they were wrapped at 72 caracters, but it seems I was
wrong.

Can anybody help me with this? I certainly don't want to be a nuisance to the list, considering the number of messages I post!

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS
Fannie Mae Washington, DC, USA
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com