Re: NTLK OT: too long lines in mails

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 11:21:01 CDT

Bradley Smith wrote:

> Sounds like a problem that really ought to be dealt with in the client. Can
> we point whoever posted the original request in the direction of an email
> client that has the facility to wrap email? Surely there's something out
> there?

Sure, we could do it. In Communicator, there is a setting that says
"Wrap incoming, plain text messages to window width". If you check this,
than Communicator will wrap those lines. And as Jim just posted, it
seems than Outlook Express has also the same ability. I'm not sure about
EnRoute or SimpleMail users, though.

So, for the time being, and assuming that I don't have any problem
within my organisation, I will stick to the plain text editor, as it's
the only way I can make sure that my outgoing messages are plain text
only and hard wrapped to 72 chars in Communicator. I still think that's
a bug, though...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS
Fannie Mae Washington, DC, USA
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com