Re: NTLK HWR and inet / chat pkgs: which are best + NewtJabbe

From: Khaled Tewfik (khaledt@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 05:16:07 CDT

On Fri, Aug 4, 2000 Chris Browder wrote:

-----------
>I beta tested NCQ and loved it. The author is thinking of making a AIM
>plug-in as well as MSN-Messenger. I think NCQ has been written better than
>Jabber merly because it's way out of Beta and was in beta less time. I could
>be wrong, Jabber is like IRC... IRC is great, but I never really cared for
>it. But it works.... I'll retry Jabber on my PC and Newton agai (yes I have
>a PC in the bedroom... it's my dads....)
I agree. I too beta tested NCQ, and was glad to pay the small fee of $20 to an active Newton proqramer. NCO, is indeed well done and has more features than NCQ on Newton Jabber, but let us not forget that the whole Jabber thing is still a project. I use Jabber because of its support of Yahoo and AOL, and credit to Eric for giving us a great product. If NCQ would do AIM. then by all meens I would love that.

What was that about a PC in your bedroom; sleeping with a PC! ...yuck ;)

Dr. Khaled Tewfik

Sent from an Apple Newton Message Pad 2100.
Dr. Khaled Tewfik

Sent from an Apple Newton Message Pad 2100.