Re: NTLK Lookout setup ?

From: jimthej (jimthej@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 20:47:34 CDT

on 8/6/00 4:39 PM, Andy Wells at teddie@tas.quik.com.au wrote:

> Hi Newtoneers
>
> I have a friend who sent me this regarding his eMate
>
>> I have installed Lookout on the other one at work, although synching
> doesn't
>> seem to transfer anything... oh well.
>
> I don't use Lookout myself so is there something special he needs to do or
> should it work 'Out of the Box'

Basically it works out of the box. Things to check are
1. are you using the latest version: 1.0.6?
2. In the settings are you using the correct com port and speed, try
fastest, work down if necessary.
3. In the settings>advanced tab select to sync only dates/to dos, or names.
Doing both at once takes forever and seems to invite time outs.
4. Launch Lookout on PC, it should create a Listening icon down in the tray.
Then Launch lookout on the Newton, it should contact the PC and start the
transfer.

Jim Johnston
Teacher
Mac Smacker