RE: NTLK Newbie programmer questions

From: brian.tiplady@astrazeneca.com
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 03:36:19 CDT

As far as NTK itself is concerned, there's very little to choose between the
Mac and PC versions. The only significant difference I've found is that you
can't use resources on the PC, so that, for example, if you use graphics
your images have to be in individual bitmap files. This is not an issue
unless you have projects with a lot of graphics. If you want to convert
projects between platforms you can go from Mac => PC but not the other way
(I think because of the resource issue).

There are one or two known bugs in the PC version: the screen resolution on
the PC has to be set to 16 bit for the screen shot utility to work, and the
PC to newton connection doesn't always work first time (it stays up OK once
it's established). Not serious.

So use whichever platform you're more comfortable with, or whichever you
think you'll be using in two years time... NTK is free, so try both!