Re: Replicating the Newton Advantage (was RE: NTLK Purchasing Rights to the Newton...?)

From: Michael J. Hussmann (michael@macmagazin.de)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 08:32:38 CDT

Andrew Chen (a_s_c@compuserve.com) wrote:

> GNUton on Springboard could be the palm-sized Newton we all wanted?

Most anything that would fit on a 160x160 pixels screen and doesn't
require a fast CPU could also be done using PalmOS -- not much point in
implementing Newton OS on Palm hardware, I'm afraid.

Palm's next generation PDAs based on the StrongARM processor may offer
more potential, but that remains to be seen.

Michael J. Hussmann

Redaktion macmagazin
MACup Verlag GmbH
Leverkusenstrasse 54 VII