Re: NTLK Avantgo Why

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 10:17:57 CDT

Actually that's not the case.

AvantGo has asked their content providers to make all AvantGo friendly HTML
documents unavailable to the general public. Even if you can find the URL -
which isn't easy to do - you often can't get the information because of your
access level.

AvantGo has basically said: "We only support Palm and WinCE. To use pages
created for AvantGo you need to own a PDA running one of these two operating
systems." So Newton, Psion, Linux and GEOS users are out of luck.

(This shouldn't be the case. We have browsers fully capable of using the
content, but AvantGo intentionally denies us access to what should be openly
available.)