NTLK Avantgo Why

From: Khaled Tewfik (khaledt@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 03:47:23 CDT

on 7/26/00 8:12 PM, Jim Anderson at jiman@microsoft.com wrote:

> The
> only things I miss about my palm are: AvantGo. It's hard finding low
> bandwidth news sites that don't link all over the internet;

Am I missing something here. What is so special about AvantGo when I can get
the real thing with NewtsCape or Launa suite. I used to down load CNN.com
using Launa Suite and follwed all the details on the Concord Crash with
pictures and every thing (ok, sans the videos). AvantGo addresses the
limitations of PDAs wanabes like palms and small screend WinCEs, but set
your Newton to landscape and you have prety darn good internet surfing
experience. And do not get to much concerned about down load time, I often
schedule my Newton to DownLoad my favorit pages while I sleep. It is all
ready when I wake up, it is so convenient it spoils.

A note about setting screens to landscape; kids, DO NOT TRY THIS at home on
a palm or WinCE, We are proffesionals ;)