NTLK Re: Avantgo Why

From: Jon Glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 02:17:42 CDT

on 8/4/00 10:47 AM, Khaled Tewfik at khaledt@earthlink.net wrote:

> set
> your Newton to landscape and you have prety darn good internet surfing
> experience. And do not get to much concerned about down load time, I often
> schedule my Newton to DownLoad my favorit pages while I sleep. It is all
> ready when I wake up, it is so convenient it spoils.

This is all fine if you are runnign a 2K series Newton, and live in the
States, but if you have a 130 and live anywhere else, where you pay
per-minute charges even for local calls, everything changes. Simply put, you
don't do it at all--at least I don't. :-) The potential of AvantGo is
exciting, and enticing. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland