Re: NTLK Does Farallon PN595a-tp work ...

From: thwizard (thwizard@cyberrealm.net)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 20:55:57 CDT

Dear Mr D,

Which PC Card do you have?
If the label on your card says "Ethernet PC Card EtherWave and EtherMac"
and the arrow at the top is blue you have the PN595/PN895 card. If the
label on your cards says "EtherMac PC Card" and the arrow at the top is
red you have the PN595a card. The difference between the PN595 and the
PN895 is the connector. The PN895 has the large two-port dongle and the
PN595 has small cable with the RJ45 ethernet connector.

It is my belief that the PN 595a-TP card does not work in the Newton.
Farallon changed the card designation from PN595 to PN595a-TP and also
stated that this card still works for the powerbooks, but now it is no
longer compatible with the Newton. Farallon also states that they have
discontinued the PN595 card (the one that was emate and Newton
compatible.) See:

http://www.farallon.com/support/emacewavecards/pbpccardfaq.html

http://www.farallon.com/support/software/index.html

I believe Farallon also still sells the PN895. (I also have one
available for sale. email me off list if interested.)

"Andrews David (Mr D)" wrote:

> Hello. Does the Farallon PN595a-tp work with the Newton 2100?
> Farallon's support page at
> (http://farallon.com/support/emacewavecards/pbpccardfaq.html#newton)
> seems to say it does but I just want to make sure before I buy. I know
> the PN895 works but this is much more expensive. Thanks. / dave

Sincerely,

Tim Hoyt, Wizard <%{=
Department of Chemistry (W) 253 879 3833
University of Puget Sound (H) 253 564 8970
1500 N Warner
Tacoma, WA 98416 email: thwizard@cyberrealm.net