Re: NTLK flashcard vendors

From: Brian McEwen (brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 14:58:30 CDT

www.timasci.com had prices up last I looked; they were supposed to email me
when/if they got another batch of cards from PRetec, but I have not heard
anything.

timaSci or straight from Pretec are the only choices I know of; if you have
a 2x00 machine there might be those 8 meg Intel cards around, but I do not
know if you consider that large :) Personally I'd not get more than 8 or
10 megs per card as when one goes bad, you've not lost a huge investment
like the 20 or 30 meg flash cards are. I just had a 4 meg card go bad and
it still annoys me, and it was about $70, not $200.

I'm holding out hoping for ATA drivers to be developed in Sept or Oct :)
(16 meg ATA flash $70 in last weeks Microwarehouse).

Brian