Re: NTLK Annc: SimpleMail 4.1 Released!

From: Ben Sayer (bsayer@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 13:18:08 CDT

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 Kenny Song wrote:
>• No more lost store memory.
>SM4.0 makes 1-2K per message unavailable to the system when filtering is enabled. This can lead to a significant loss of store memory. Backup, hard reset and/or erase card, and restore to reclaim the memory lost by SM4.0.

Could someone please elaborate on the memory loss issue. I started using 4.0 about five days ago and have been very happy with it. A couple of days ago I created a filter, not knowing that there was this issue. In looking at the storage icons in my Extras drawer (excuse me if I don't use the correct terminology; I got my MP2100 a couple weeks ago) and it appears that there is an In/Out Items icon in both my internal and card stores. Is the location of this store what indicates whether one must do a hard restart, erase a card, or both? If so, it appears I need to do both, unless I can consolidate the items to the card, backup the card, erase it, and
restore, without having to do a hard restart.

--Ben Sayer