Re: NTLK communications port

From: Andy Wells (teddie@tas.quik.com.au)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 01:30:02 CDT

Chris Browder <Chris.Browder@Lroom.org>
 --- wrote

>Andy -
>For some reason that's a know issue (to me) and beaming to any Newton is
>that somehow the IR port will get locked up and resetting fixes it. How do
>you like your eMate?
>--
>- Chris B.

Hi Chris
aside from this beaming hassle I love it...mind you know that I've got a 120
I'm getting into the total pen driven thing more. Being in Tasmania ( yes it
does really exist...not a creation of Disney ha! ) I've yet to meet anyone
else that has one, let alone an MP*anything*. I'm sure they're out there
somewhere. I think my eMate just helped me land my new job.... Made an
impressive site at the interview with all my preparation sitting on the
little green guy in front of me !

In regard to the beaming I think Michael J. Hussmann may have hit it on the
head with my particular scenario ( thanks for that Michael )

>I believe I had some success with beaming from my MP120 (NOS 2.0) to my
>MP2100, but that was ages ago. I am not sure it works in the other
>direction. Keep in mind that older Newton devices use Sharp's ASK
>protocol for infrared communications; IrDA was only introduced with the
>MP2000 and eMate.

mine is NOS2.0 BTW
anyway I could wax lyrical on the virtues of my eMate & 120 for days ( as
could we all ) but that would start to take up too much space. Now that I've
'discovered' newt I'm here to stay !

cheers

Andy Wells
Another newton Nut