Re(2): NTLK communications port

From: Josh Burker (Josh_Burker@misd.wednet.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 12:31:55 CDT

newtontalk@planetnewton.com writes:
>>I believe I had some success with beaming from my MP120 (NOS 2.0) to my
>>MP2100, but that was ages ago. I am not sure it works in the other
>>direction. Keep in mind that older Newton devices use Sharp's ASK
>>protocol for infrared communications; IrDA was only introduced with the
>>MP2000 and eMate.
>
>mine is NOS2.0 BTW

I tried beaming a couple different things between my 2100 and a student's
120. Notes went just fine, no problem. Packages didn't work, however; I
believe one of the two MPs would eventually time out. This 120 was
running OS 1.3, mind you. I was trying to beam a copy of Jan Jan Janken
to the 120 so we could play a little Ro-Sham-Bo.

My 2¢

Josh Burker